Medical School List (MD)
Create a list of the best medical schools for you.
*The Medical School List video included in MDadmit Academy’s Complete AMCAS Course.
The Medical Schools section of the medical school application (AMCAS) is where you list the schools to which you want to apply. Filling out the section is easy, but deciding where to apply is not – unless you know Dr. Miller’s school list formula.
Applying to medical schools that are not a match for you leads to a waste of time and money and, too often, rejections. One of the most common mistakes Dr. Miller sees in her re-applicant clients is an inappropriate school list. Unfortunately, there are few comprehensive resources on how to create the best school list for you – until now.
In this video, Dr. Miller shares her school list formula normally only discussed with her private clients. You will walk away from this video understanding exactly how to compile the perfect school list for your individual situation.
The Medical School List video covers:
- Program types
- How many schools you should apply to
- How to create the perfect school mix
- Dr. Miller’s school list formula
Every medical school applicant will benefit from watching this video.
Raised in Washington, D.C. and educated in Boston, Dr. Miller's experience with pre-meds began as a pre-med at Harvard College. For her achievement in academics and as captain of the basketball team, she received the prestigious Female Student-Athlete of the Year award. Dr. Miller graduated with honors in history and science. After a foray into health policy at the Institute of Medicine and a grand backpacking adventure in Europe, Dr. Miller returned to Boston to attend Harvard Medical School. Here she began medical school admissions consulting as a pre-medical tutor and then co-chair of the Eliot House Pre-Medical Committee. After receiving her MD, Dr. Miller ventured to California to train at Stanford in emergency medicine and founded MDadmit Medical Admissions. She then moved to the east coast where she has lived and worked as an emergency physician in Virginia, Washington, DC, New York City, and Sydney, Australia. Dr. Miller has over 15 years of experience helping pre-meds and medical students achieve their dreams.
Dr. Miller has also served as faculty at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and Virginia Commonwealth University, sat on admissions committees, lead an emergency department's Emergency Ultrasound Program, served as a medical director for Racing the Planet, and worked as an advisor and chief medical offer for medtech companies. Dr. Miller continues to run MDadmit and work in emergency medicine both in the United States and abroad. In her free time, she loves to travel, curl up with a good book, and hike to the top of things to get a better view.
- Graduated with honors from Harvard University
- MD earned from Harvard Medical School
- Residency training at Stanford University
- Harvard Pre-Med Tutor
- George Washington University Clinical Assistant Professor
- Virginia Commonwealth University Assistant Professor
- Admissions committee member
- Attending Emergency Physician
- Author of best-selling books including:
- The Medical School Admissions Guide: A Harvard MD’s Week-by-Week Admissions Handbook
- How to be Pre-Med: A Harvard MD's Medical School Preparation Guide for Students and Parents
- How to Get into Medical School with a Low GPA
- Nailing the Medical School Interview: A Harvard MD's Comprehensive Preparation Strategy
- Professional editor and writer with extensive publications in peer-reviewed journals, the popular press, and online
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Australasian College for Emergency Medicine